Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Vanilla Whole Milk Yogurt
Ginger Cardamom Syrup
- 1 C. Water
- ¾ C. Cane Sugar
- 4 oz. Ginger Root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 Cardamom Pods, crushed
- 1 ¼ C. Whole Milk, divided
- ¼ oz. Package Unflavored Powdered Gelatin
- ½ C. Heavy Cream
- ¼ C. Cane Sugar
- 1 C. Nancy’s Organic Vanilla Whole Milk Yogurt
- 6 (4 oz.) Canning Jars
- To make the syrup, combine the water, sugar, sliced ginger, and crushed cardamom pods in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until fragrant and infused, 30-40 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into an 8oz. canning jar. Store excess in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
- To begin making the panna cotta, pour ¼ C. of the cold milk into a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Once the gelatin is saturated, place the pan over low heat.
- Whisk just until the mixture is smooth, then gradually add the remaining milk and the sugar. Whisking, allow the mixture to steam between additions.
- Once the milk mixture reaches 180 degrees, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Place the vanilla yogurt in a mixing bowl. Once the milk mixture has cooled, whisk it into the yogurt and pour the new mixture into 6 (4oz) or 3 (8 oz.) canning jars. Secure the lids and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top each jar of vanilla panna cotta with ginger cardamom syrup to serve.