Featured Product: Nancy’s Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt
- 24 oz. Nancy’s Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt
- ½ C. Coconut Oil
- ½ C. Maple Syrup
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 5 C. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 C. Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 C. Shaved Coconut
- ¾ C. Dried Cherries
- ¾ C. Golden Raisins
- 6 oz. Dark Chocolate Chunks
- ½ C. Apple Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
- ¼ C. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 C. Cherries, fresh or frozen
- Make the fruit compote. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a low boil over medium heat.
- Add the fruit and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a glass bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, sliced almonds, coconut, dried fruit, and chocolate chunks.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until saturated.
- Spoon the granola onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly and pressing down firmly.
- Bake the granola for 30 minutes, until brown and crisped.
- Turn the granola onto a rack and allow it to cool completely before breaking into pieces.
- Serve over vanilla yogurt with warm cherry compote.