Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Yogurt Plain
- 2 C. All Purpose Flour
- 5 Tbsp. Cold Butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Yogurt Plain
- Milk, for brushing
- Fresh Strawberries
- Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Yogurt Plain
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and cold butter to fully incorporate.
- Add the salt, baking powder and 2 Tbsp. sugar. Pulse again.
- Add the egg and blend the mixture until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a floured work surface. Use floured hands to press the dough into a disc, ¾ -1 inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut 9-10 rounds and place them on the lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake the cakes for 10 minutes, until the tops are cracked and just brown.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before cutting each in half, horizontally. Meanwhile, slice the berries.
- To serve, assemble each cake with a scoop of yogurt and fresh berries.