Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
Quick Berry Jam
- 3 C. Fresh Berries (if strawberries, quartered)
- 1 C. Cane Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 5 C. All-purpose Flour, plus more for rolling dough
- ½ C. Cane Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 ¾ Sticks Cold Butter, cubed to ½-inch
- 16 oz. Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- 1/4 C. Whole Milk, plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Zest (optional)
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
- To make the jam, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Pour the jam into two 8oz. lidded jars and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the scones, whisk together the flour, ½ C. sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the cubed butter. Using a pastry cutter, incorporate the mixture until the lumps are pea-sized.
- Separately, whisk together the sour cream, ¼ C. whole milk, lemon zest and vanilla (if using).
- Gently incorporate the wet and dry mixture without kneading. As a crumbly dough forms, tip it onto a lightly floured surface.
- Pressing gently, shape the dough into a rectangle and allow it to rest. After several minutes, fold the dough over once and gently press to form a smaller rectangle. After several more minutes, use a floured pin to roll the dough to a 1-inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough into rounds. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the tops of the chilled dough with the remaining milk and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake the scones for 18-20 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Serve the warm scones with butter and homemade berry jam.