- 2 Medium Organic Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 cup Organic Haricot vert, trimmed
- Galette Dough (see below)
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Organic Egg Yolk
- ½ cup Chopped Organic Green Onions, plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Organic Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- “Everything” Seasoning (see below)
- ¼ cup Nancy’s Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- ¼ cup Organic Milk
- 1 cup Organic All Purpose Flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 cup Organic Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 7 tablespoons Cold Organic Butter, cubed
- 1 Organic Egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried, Diced Onion
- 2 teaspoons Coarse Salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and milk. Set aside. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, cane sugar and salt. Add the cold, cubed butter and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until small clumps form. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and incorporate to form a soft dough. Divide the dough into thirds. Wrap each portion in plastic and chill for 30-60 minutes.
Combine the “everything” seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, green onions and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Prepare a cool, dry work surface with flour. Once the dough has chilled, working one at a time, roll each portion to 6-inch rounds. Brush the outer edges with the whisked egg. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the centers of the rounds. Top the cream cheese mixture with heirloom tomato slices, haricot verts and additional sliced green onion. Fold and pleat the edges of the rounds over by 1 inch, toward the centers. Brush the pleated outer edges with whisked egg and sprinkle with the “everything” seasoning. Place the galettes on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust begins to turn golden. Transfer the galettes from the baking sheet to a rack. Allow them to cool slightly before serving.