Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- ¼ C. Butter
- 8 oz. Cremini Mushrooms
- ½ Yellow Onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. White Wine
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream, divided
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 14 oz. Prepared Pie Dough
- 1 Egg, whisked
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the fresh thyme and allow the mixture to slowly caramelize.
- Once the liquid has evaporated from the skillet, add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Use a wooden spoon to incorporate any browned bits from the bottom. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, incorporate 4 oz. of the sour cream, flour and salt.
- Once the onion and mushroom mixture has cooled slightly, add it to the mixing bowl and incorporate.
- Pre-heat the oven and prepare the dough according to a recipe or package instructions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough into 3-inch rounds.
- Place half of the rounds onto the prepared baking sheet and brush the surfaces with the whisked egg.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of filling onto the center of each round. Cover with the remaining rounds and use a fork to press and seal the edges.
- Brush the sealed tartlets with whisked egg and cut small vents in the tops. Bake according to the dough instructions, about 10 minutes until just golden.
- Allow the tarts to cool slightly before serving with the remaining sour cream and fresh thyme as a garnish.