Featured Product: Nancy’s Oatmilk Non-Dairy Plain Yogurt
- 3 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher Salt, or to taste
- 7 Tbsp. Organic Vegan Shortening
- 1 ½ C. Nancy’s Plain Oatmilk Non-Dairy Yogurt
- 8 Scallions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Incorporate the shortening and the dry mixture before folding the yogurt and scallions into the dough.
- Form a loose ball and gently knead the dough 2-3 times on a floured surface until just smooth. Flatten and roll to ¾ inch thick.
- Cut 8 -10 biscuits and place them on the parchment paper.
- Allow the biscuits to rise in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Open the oven slightly to reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes until the tops are golden.