Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- 15 oz. Prepared Pie Dough, chilled and rolled to about 1/8 inch
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled, cut horizontally in half and mandolin-sliced (lengthwise)
- 1 Large Parsnip, peeled, cut horizontally in half and mandolin-sliced (lengthwise)
- 2 Golden beets, mandolin-sliced
- Kosher Salt
- ¼ C. Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fennel Fronds, for garnish (optional)
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the chilled, rolled pie dough into 4-inch rounds. Lightly push the rounds into four non-stick tart pans. Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of each crust to vent.
- Par bake the crusts for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven just prior to browning and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, use a mandolin to thinly slice the carrots, parsnips and beets.
- Place the sliced veggies (snugly) in a glass bowl. Season lightly with kosher salt, cover with a lid or a plate and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes, until just softened. Allow them to rest, covered for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, egg yolk, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Once the crusts have cooled, spread the insides with the cream cheese mixture.
- Once the veggies are cool enough to handle, cut the golden beet slices into 1-inch strips. Likewise, cut the carrot and parsnip slices as needed, so that all are the same width.
- Roll the veggies and place them (rolled edge up) on top of the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese (if using).
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake the tarts for about 15 minutes, until the fillings have set, and the tops are just golden.
- Garnish with fennel fronds.