Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Vanilla Kefir
- ½ cup Long Grain Rice, rinsed
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Vanilla Kefir
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- ½ cup Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
- Fresh Blackberries and Crushed Hazelnuts, for garnish
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Water
- To make the compote, add the blackberries and honey to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, gently cook the berries over until plump. Mash the berries and reduce the heat.
- Continue to cook the berry mixture until thick and bubbly. Remove from the heat and pour into a jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the rinsed rice in a saucepan with the water and salt. Bring to a low boil before reducing the heat. Cook for 10 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- Whisking, bring the kefir, milk, sugar and pumpkin pie spice (if using) to a low boil. Add the drained rice back to the pan and reduce the heat. Cook for 30 minutes until thickened but not stiff.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the rice pudding with blackberry compote and garnish with crushed hazelnuts.