Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Cane Sugar
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- ¼ cup Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Pint Fresh Raspberries
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped Almonds
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 9 baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumb topping and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Separately, beat the remaining wet cake ingredients with a hand mixer. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Layer fresh raspberries and the crumb topping over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 35-45 minutes, until the top is golden, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake before cutting and serving.