Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 tablespoon Cane Sugar
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 teaspoons Finely Ground Freeze-dried Raspberries, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- Thaw the frozen sheet of puff pastry in the refrigerator overnight. Chill until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, flour and ground freeze-dried raspberries. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the cane sugar onto a work surface.
- Unfold the chilled puff pastry onto the sugared work surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the puff pastry gently in each direction, until it reaches about 10 x 12 inches.
- Using a rubber spatula, thinly spread the raspberry cream cheese mixture onto the pastry surface.
- Working from one end, fold the pastry on top of the cream cheese mixture, ¼ of the way toward the center, then once more. Repeat on the other side, so that both sets of folds meet in the center.
- Wrap the folded pastry in a sheet of parchment paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the top of the chilled, folded puff pastry with the whisked egg.
- Starting at one end, cut the puff pastry into ½-inch slices.
- Fold each slice into a “V” shape until the egg-washed surfaces meet. Keeping the end slightly open, press the sides together gently.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, cut-side up and brush again with egg.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, until the tops are golden.
- Place the cookies on a rack to cool for 10 minutes before sprinkling the tops with ground freeze-dried raspberries.