Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Plain 100% Grass-Fed Yogurt
- 15 oz. Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ cup Butter, softened
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Nancy’s Organic Plain 100% Grass Fed Yogurt
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 teaspoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two loaf pans with oil and parchment paper.
- In a 3 qt. stockpot over medium heat, combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices and salt. Whisking, cook the pumpkin mixture for about 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Add the cane sugar, brown sugar and butter to the pot. Whisk to incorporate.
- Once the butter has melted, whisk the eggs and yogurt into the pumpkin mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stirring the pumpkin mixture, slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Fold 1 C. chopped walnuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the tops of the batter-filled pans.
- Place the loaves on the middle rack and bake for 40-45 minutes until the tops are cracked and golden, and a knife come out clean.