- 2 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 2/3 C. Butter, softened
- 1/3 C. Nancy’s Organic Plain Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste
- 1 C. Canned Pumpkin Puree
- ½ C. Butter, softened
- 2 C. Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ C. Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Paste
- ½ C. Chopped Roasted Hazelnuts, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spice blend.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to incorporate the softened butter and cream cheese. Add the brown sugar and beat the mixture until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla paste, and pumpkin puree before gradually incorporating the dry mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop 2-inch mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake each batch for an initial 8 minutes. Working quickly, pull them out of the oven and gently flatten the tops with the flat bottom of a drinking glass. Bake them for another 6 minutes.
- Transfer the baked cookies to a rack and allow them to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to beat the softened butter while gradually adding the powdered sugar. Once incorporated, add the yogurt and vanilla paste. Mix until smooth.
- Once the cookies are cool, pipe or spread the frosting onto each before sprinkling with chopped hazelnuts.