Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Nancy’s Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- ¼ cup Cane Sugar, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Cake Flour
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Berries
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Set the whites aside and place the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add to the yolks: 1 Tbsp. of cane sugar, vanilla and baking powder. Whisk to incorporate.
- Whisking, add the cake flour to the yolk mixture and then the kefir. Set aside.
- Gradually adding the salt and remaining cane sugar, use a hand mixer to whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium low heat and prepare the insides of three pastry rings (about 3 inches in diameter) with butter to prevent the batter from sticking.
- Place the prepared pastry rings into the pan and fill each with batter, leaving ½ inch of space at the top of the ring. Place a lid over the skillet and cook, 3-4 minutes.
- Once the batter begins to bubble and pull away from the sides, working one at a time, slide one spatula underneath and place a second on the top. Quickly flip the pancakes and the rings. Replace the lid and cook the other sides until brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pancakes from the rings and set aside to cool slightly. Prepare the rings with more butter and repeat steps 6 and 7 with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and add toppings, as desired.