Featured Products: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Butter, softened
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ Salt
- ½ Peppermint Extract
- ½ Vanilla
- 2 ½ All-Purpose Flour
- 1 C. Prepared White Royal Icing
- Natural Food Coloring
- In a mixing bowl, whip 1 C. softened butter and 4 oz. cream cheese together. Add the sugar and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk, salt, peppermint, and vanilla extracts to the mixture and incorporate.
- Slowly stir in the flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and knead 3-5 times. Flatten slightly and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough to ½ inch thick. Turn the dough between rolls to avoid sticking.
- Cut the dough into shapes and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until firm but not browned. Allow the cookies to cool on a baking rack.
- Divide the royal icing and use natural food coloring to make 2-3 additional colors. To create a tie-dye pattern, ice the cookies with white as a base and pipe alternating swirls of colored icing on top. Pull a toothpick (through all colors) toward and away from the center.