Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Dried Currants
- 4 ½ cups Self-rising flour, plus more for kneading
- ¼ cup Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Nancy’s Organic Plain 100% Grass-fed Yogurt
- 1 cup Whole Milk, plus 2 tablespoons.
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with butter or oil.
- Combine the ingredients for the filling in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the yogurt, milk and ¼ C. of the melted butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir and slowly incorporate the yogurt flour mixtures.
- Once a soft dough is formed, transfer it to a floured work surface and knead it, just until the surface is smooth. Sprinkle with more flour as needed and avoid over kneading.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle shape, about ¼ inch thick.
- With the dough laying horizontally, brush the surface with 2 Tbsp. of the melted butter. Sprinkle with the filling.
- Roll the dough (lengthwise) into a long roll and trim the ends. With the open end down, cut the roll into about 12 rounds, 1- 1 ½ inches wide.
- Lay the rounds cut-side down, snugly in the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with additional currants and chopped pecans, if desired
- Bake the rolls for 30-40 minutes, until golden. Allow them to cool in the pan.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Once the rolls have cooled slightly, drizzle them with the glaze and serve warm.