Serves: 12 | Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 40 min
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice Blend
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ Cups Butter, softened but cool
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. Orange Zest
- ¼ Cups Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt Plain
- 1 Tbsp. Orange Zest (optional)
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Cranberries, frozen
- Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, cinnamon or spice blend, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, orange zest and juice. Stir the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Add the whisked dry ingredients in thirds, stirring to saturation between each addition.
- Pour the batter into each liner, filling almost to the top. Bake for 25 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before turning out of the pan.
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to beat the softened butter while gradually adding the powdered sugar.
- Once incorporated, add the yogurt, orange zest (if using), cinnamon and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Once the muffins are cool, pipe or spread the frosting onto each before garnishing with frozen fresh cranberries and rosemary leaves.