Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt
- 1 ¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ¼ cups Plus 2 teaspoons Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Orange Zest
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Nancy’s Plain Organic 100% Grass-Fed Yogurt
- 1½ cups Raw Cane Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 Each: Orange, Lemon and Lime, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, 1 ¼ cups sugar and orange zest for 3-4 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the oil to the wet mixture and fully incorporate.
- Mixing and scraping the sides of the bowl, gradually add the dry mixture into the wet.
- Mix the milk and yogurt into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and evenly sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar on the surface.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes, until the top is golden and a knife comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes before releasing the cake from the pan to cool completely.
- In the meantime, make the citrus syrup. Place the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the citrus slices and simmer the mixture for 1 hour.
- Remove the syrup from the heat.
- Using tongs, carefully lift the candied citrus slices out and place on a cutting board. Cut each of them in half and set aside.
- Strain the syrup if needed.
- Place the cake on a serving dish and brush the sides generously with syrup.
- Adhere the candied citrus half-rounds to the sides of the cake as a garnish.
- Serve the cake in slices with extra syrup as desired.