Featured Product: Nancy’s Cream Cheese
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tubs Nancy’s Cream Cheese, (8 oz.)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons Orange Zest
- 8 oz. Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Butter
Candied Orange Peel
- 1 Orange
- ½ cup Sugar
Make the crust and filling:
- Prepare a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cups, pressing to the bottom.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Separately, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and orange juice. Beat until smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Divide the filling into the prepared crust. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- To make the ganache, pour the heavy cream into a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and gently whisk until melted. Bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and pour the hot milk mixture over top. Allow it to sit and melt for 3-5 minutes before whisking until smooth.
- Spoon the ganache on top of the filling and chill the mini cheesecakes for another 30-60 min.
- To make the candied orange peel, use a paring knife to remove the peel (avoid removing the pith) from the orange in one long coil. Cut the peel horizontally into 1/8-inch strips.
- Place the cut peel in a small saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Drain and repeat with fresh water. Strain the peel and set aside.
- Place the sugar in the saucepan with ½ C. water. Stirring, bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, reduce the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, just until the peel becomes translucent.
- Before serving, garnish the mini cheesecakes with candied orange peel.