Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 2 ¼ cups Organic All Purpose Flour, plus more for pans
- 1 cups Organic Whole Milk
- 6 Organic Egg Whites
- 1 ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ cups Organic Cane Sugar
- 4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 6 oz. Organic Butter, softened, plus more for pans
- Fresh Organic Raspberries, Currents And Mint Leaves, for garnish
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Organic Butter, softened
- 3 ½ cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare three 6-inch cake pans with butter and parchment. Dust the pans with flour. In mixing bowl, stir together the milk, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract. Separately, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter to the flour mixture. Beat with a hand mixer until pea-sized clumps form. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat for 1 minute. Pour the batter equally among the prepared pans.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Allow the cakes to rest in the pans for 5 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. Once the cakes have cooled completely (2 hours or overnight), level each with a cake wire.
To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer. Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until fluffy and smooth. Spread the frosting (½ inch thick) onto the bottom cake layer, working out from the center. Place the additional layers and repeat. Top with Fresh Raspberries, currents and mint leaves as desired.