Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt and Nancy’s Organic Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- ¼ C. Nancy’s Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- ¼ C. Milk
- 1 C. All-purpose Flour, plus more for rolling
- ¼ C. Kernza Flour, plus more for rolling*
- 1 tsp. Cane Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 7 Tbsp. Cold, Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil, plus a little more as needed
- 1 Yellow Onion, halved and sliced to 1/4-inch
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 10 oz. Wild Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Fresh Parsley or Thyme, chopped
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- Asparagus, ends snapped
- Shaved Parmesan
- Flaked Sea Salt, for sprinkling
*Note: Kernza flour is a sustainable and climate-friendly grain, a domesticated form of wheatgrass. Its texture is slightly coarse and light with a sweet, nutty flavor.
- In a mixing bowl, start the dough by whisking together the yogurt and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, cane sugar and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until small clumps form.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and incorporate to form a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauté. Place a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the onions. Season and cook for 10 minutes, until softened and browning.
- Transfer the sautéed onions to a plate and add the mushrooms to the skillet. Sauté the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and herbs to the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the onions back to the skillet. Incorporate, and remove from the heat. Allow the sauté to come to room temperature.
- If the asparagus stalks are large, blanch them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes before submerging in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain and blot dry with paper towels and set aside. If they are slim, skip this step.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare a cool, dry work surface with Kernza flour.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll to a ¼ inch thick round and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese onto the center of the round, leaving the edges bare.
- Spread the caramelized onions and wild mushrooms across the surface of the cream cheese. Arrange the prepared asparagus on top.
- Fold and pleat the edges of the dough over the filling by 1 inch, toward the center.
- Drizzle the pizza with olive oil and brush the pleated outer edges with whisked egg. Sprinkle the edges with kosher salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden.
- Transfer the pizza from the baking sheet to a rack. Allow it to cool before serving.