Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 1 Bunch Kale, stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 15 oz. Prepared Pie Dough, chilled and rolled to about 1/8 inch
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Plain Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Whisked Egg, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 385 degrees and prepare a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced chopped apple, kale, and dried cranberries. Sauté the mixture for another 5 minutes until the kale is softened but still vibrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a biscuit cutter or the lid to a pint jar to cut about 24 rounds of prepared pie dough. Place half of them on the baking sheets and spread 2 tsp. cream cheese onto the center of each.
- Top the cream cheese with a spoonful of the cooked kale mixture and brush the edges of the dough with whisked egg.
- Top the pies with the remaining dough rounds, gently pressing down the edges. Crimp them with a fork to seal.
- Brush the tops of the pies with whisked egg. Poke a few holes in each to allow venting while baking.
- Bake the pies until golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.