Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- ½ Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ C. Red Wine
- ½ C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ C. Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 C. Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 C. Water
- 1 lb. Dry Black Beans
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt to taste
- Juice from ½ Lime
- Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- Sliced Avocado
- Corn Kernels
- Sliced Radish
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Pickled Red Onions, optional (see above)
- Cilantro Leaves
Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- In a 1 qt. saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the red wine, vinegars, salt, and sugar.
- Place the sliced red onions in a pint jar.
- Once the mixture reaches a low boil, remove them from the heat and pour over the onions. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes before placing the lid. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Turn a 6-8 qt. Instant Pot on the sauté setting and heat the olive oil in the bottom. Add the carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, chili powder, cumin seeds and dried oregano. Sauté the mixture for 2 more minutes and turn the Instant Pot to the pressure cook setting.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the lime juice.
- Lock the lid and pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the lime juice and ladle the soup into bowls. Add a spoonful of sour cream to each and serve with toppings, as desired.