Created by Kathy Hester of HealthySlowCooking.com
Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cultured Soy
Serves | 6
This flavorful salad includes cooling bites of cucumber mixed with hearty potatoes and chickpeas, all blended with aromatic Indian spices. The perfect meal when you don’t feel like cooking.
- 3 cups cooked chick peas or 2 cans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large potato, cooked and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ small onion, minced (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1 cup Nancy’s Organic Cultured Soy – Plain Unsweetened
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 ½ to 2 ½ teaspoon kala namak (or Black Salt, to taste)
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or other spicy chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
In a large bowl, combine the beans, potato, cucumber and onion. Mix the dressing ingredients separately, adjusting seasonings, as needed. Add the dressing to the veggies and mix until combined.
Serve topped with cilantro.