Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- 2 Cans (15 oz.) Pinto Beans
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Ground Ancho Chili
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Can (28 oz.) Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste, dissolved In 1 cup warm water
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- ¾ cup Corn Kernels
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar (optional)
- Nancy’s Recipe for Kefir Biscuits (optional)
- Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream and Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the garlic, ancho chili powder, cumin and oregano. Sauté few minutes more.
- Pour the canned tomatoes into the pot along with the zucchini, corn, and tomato paste dissolved in water.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer. Season with salt, to taste. If using, add the brown sugar.
- Simmer the chili for 20 minutes before serving with a Kefir Biscuit and a dollop of Nancy’s Sour Cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro.