Serves | 12-16
Don’t feel too guilty eating these delicious brownies – they’re packed with loads of protein and fiber. If hazelnuts aren’t your favorite, swap out for any other tasty nut.
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 6 tablespoon Butter or Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
- ½ teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Vanilla Yogurt
- ½ cup toasted chopped Hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F; line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray with pan spray. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine and melt chocolate chips and butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, nutritional booster, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Whisk eggs until light and fluffy, about 3 – 4 minutes. Slowly stream in maple syrup. Add extracts and mix until well combined. Fold yogurt into egg mixture, then fold in flour mixture. Add a large scoop of the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix well to lighten. Then, gently fold the chocolate back into the egg mixture until uniform in color. Add hazelnuts and mix gently.
Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.