Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Butter, softened
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 C. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Lavender Flowers, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Finely Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ Salt
- 1 Vanilla Extract
- 2 ¾ C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- In a mixing bowl, whip 1 cup softened butter and 4 oz. cream cheese together. Add the sugar, 1 Tbsp. lavender flowers, lemon zest and lemon juice; beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk, salt and vanilla extract to the mixture and incorporate.
- Slowly stir in the flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and knead 3-5 times. Flatten slightly and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough to ½ inch thick. Turn the dough between rolls to avoid sticking.
- Cut the dough into shapes and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until firm but not browned. Allow the cookies to cool on a baking rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Once the cookies have cooled slightly, drizzle each with glaze. Sprinkle with the remaining lavender flowers.