Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Molasses
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ cup Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt, plus 2 cups for layering
- 1 tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger or ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 2 Bosc Pears, cored and diced to 1 inch
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Dark Rum or 1 ¼ teaspoon Rum Flavoring
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Granola (for layering)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a mini-muffin tin with oil or paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the molasses and whisked egg. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices (except ginger).
- Incorporate the wet and dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the yogurt and fresh ground ginger. Add to the mixture and incorporate.
- Spoon the batter into the wells of the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the gingerbread to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out on a rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, raisins (if using), rum or rum flavouring and lemon juice. Add the halved pears and toss to coat.
- Place the pears cut-side-down in a baking dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Bake the pears for 35 minutes and allow them to cool.
- To serve, assemble the gingerbread, yogurt, baked pears and granola in four glass dessert dishes.