Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Ginger Peach Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cups Nancy’s Organic Ginger Peach Whole Milk Kefir
- ½ cup Chopped Peaches (canned or fresh)
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites
- Peach Slices, for topping
- 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Organic All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bread pan with butter and parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Separately, whisk together the kefir, melted butter, sugar and egg whites. Stir the chopped peaches into the wet mixture. Slowly incorporate the wet and dry mixtures to form a thick batter. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan and top with peach slices.
To make the crumble, use a fork to incorporate the softened butter, sugar, flour and ground ginger in a small bowl. The mixture should be moist with formed pea-sized clumps. Sprinkle the crumble on top of the bread. Bake the loaf for about 50 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool completely before turning out of the pan to slice and serve.