Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt Plain and Nancy’s Organic Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- ¼ C. Nancy’s Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- ¼ C. Milk
- 1 C. All-Purpose Flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 C. Cornmeal
- 1 tsp. Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 7 Tbsp. Cold, Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 Egg, whisked
- Galette Dough (see above)
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Spread
- Thinly Sliced Garden-fresh Veggies, such as heirloom cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, cauliflower, and garlic scapes
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Za’atar, for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl, start the dough by whisking together the yogurt and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, cane sugar and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until small clumps form.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and incorporate to form a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Blanch firmer veggies, such as zucchini, cauliflower, green beans, and garlic scapes, in boiling water for 1-2 minutes before submerging in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain and blot dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare a cool, dry work surface with flour.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll to a ¼ inch thick round and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese onto the center of the round, leaving the edges bare.
- Arrange the sliced veggies across the surface of the cream cheese.
- Fold and pleat the edges of the dough over the filling by 1 inch, toward the center.
- Drizzle the galette with olive oil and brush the pleated outer edges with whisked egg. Sprinkle the edges with kosher salt and za’atar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the veggies are vibrant, and the crust is golden.
- Transfer the galette from the baking sheet to a rack. Allow it to cool before serving.