Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- Galette Dough (see below)
- 6 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 4 Plums (or other stone fruit), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Nancy’s Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 7 tablespoons Cold, Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon Cane Sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Cane Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
- To make the crumble, blend the flour, cornmeal, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse the blade to incorporate. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, cane sugar and salt.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until small clumps form.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and incorporate to form a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Alternatively, use an ungreased, tempered glass pie plate.
- Prepare a cool, dry work surface with flour.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll to a ¼ inch thick round.
- Spread the cream cheese onto the centers of the round.
- Drizzle the cream cheese with honey and top with fresh plum slices.
- Fold and pleat the edges of the crust over the filling by 1 inch, toward the center.
- Brush the pleated outer edges with whisked egg and sprinkle with cane sugar (if desired).
- Place the galette on the parchment lined baking sheet or in the ungreased pie plate and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the plums are plump, and the crust is golden.
- Transfer the galette from the baking sheet to a rack. Allow it to cool before serving.