Featured Product: Nancy’s Cottage Cheese
- 2 Delicata squash, cut into discs, ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. Nancy’s Cottage Cheese
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 16 oz. Shredded Mozzarella, divided
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 Bunch Italian Kale, stemmed
- 1 cup Prepared Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup Dried Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare an 8-inch square baking dish with oil.
- Toss the squash and garlic cloves with olive oil and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast the veggies for about 25 minutes. When they are fork tender, remove them from the oven to cool and increase the temperature to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the cottage cheese, whole milk, 2/3 of the mozzarella, thyme leaves and the roasted garlic cloves and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs and chopped almonds.
- Assemble the lasagna, beginning with a spoonful of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Lay a single layer of kale over top, followed by a single layer of squash, a thin coat of the cottage cheese mixture and a sprinkling of the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat and finish with the remaining mozzarella and another sprinkling of breadcrumbs.
- Bake the lasagna for 15-20 minutes, until gold and bubbly on top.