Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Russet Potato, peeled and diced to 1 inch
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Lentils
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 15 oz. Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2-3 cups Water
- Salt, to taste
- Nancy’s Organic Plain Yogurt, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
Heat the oil in a 3 qt. stock pot until shimmering. Add the diced onion and potatoes to the pot. Sauté until the onions are softened. Add the ginger, garlic, lentils and curry powder to the pot. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the tomatoes and water to the pot and bring to a simmer.
Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Season with salt, to taste. To serve, ladle the stew into bowls. Garnish with yogurt and fresh cilantro.