Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 6 Medium Leeks (pale parts only), coarsely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Sage
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Medium Russet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ lb. Oyster and Shitake Mushrooms
- Heat a 3 qt. stock pot and add 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Over medium low heat, sweat the chopped leeks and fennel for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sage and bay leaf. Increase the heat to medium and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the heat.
- Using a blender and working in batches or using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Stir the sour cream into the soup and incorporate. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté over medium heat until softened and beginning to brown.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish with sautéed mushrooms and fennel fronds as desired.