Created by Kathy Hester of HealthySlowCooking.com
Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cultured Soy
Serves | 4
This creamy casserole brings brown rice, mushrooms, and carrots together in a creamy sauce. The best part is there’s little prep time once you put it into the oven.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chopped green beans or green peas
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ cup Nancy’s Organic Cultured Soy – Plain Unsweetened
Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large oven-safe pot with an oven-safe
lid. Add the onion and sauté about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes
more. Add the carrot, green beans, chickpeas, poultry seasoning, brown rice, and water. Mix well, cover
with an oven-safe lid, transfer to the oven, and bake for 60 minutes.
Remove from the oven, add the nutritional yeast and Cultured Soy, and mix well. Add additional salt,
pepper and/or poultry seasoning to taste.