Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced to ½ inch
- 3 Tbsp. All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt, more to taste
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Celery Rib, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 C. Whole Milk
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Sour Cream
- 2 ½ C. Chicken Stock
- 1 ½ C. Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Place the prepared cauliflower and potato in a steamer basket over boiling water and steam until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the prepared onion, celery, garlic and herbs. Sauté until the onion is tender.
- Add the butter to the pan with the sautéed veggies and allow it to melt. Stirring, add the flour mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Whisking, gradually add the milk.
- Once thickened, stir the sour cream and chicken stock into the soup base. Season with salt, to taste.
- If desired, pulse half of the steamed cauliflower and potato mixture in the blender with 1 C. of the soup base. Stir the pulsed mixture back to the pot and bring it to a low simmer.
- Stir in the grated cheddar into the soup and ladle into bowls to serve.