Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 15 oz. Prepared Pie Dough, chilled and rolled to about 1/8 inch
- 1 cup Mandolin-sliced Yellow Onions
- 2 cups Mandolin-sliced Leeks
- ½ cup Mandolin-sliced Fennel
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese, for topping
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tablespoons flour
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Red Chili Flakes
- Fennel fronds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the chilled, rolled pie dough into 4-inch rounds. Lightly push the rounds into four non-stick tart pans.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of each crust to vent.
- Par bake the crust for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven just prior to browning and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the sliced onions, leeks and fennel in a large glass bowl. Season with salt and pepper before cooking in the microwave for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in the bottom of a 3 qt. stock pot over medium heat. Once the butter melts into the oil, add the vegetable mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring intermittently until they begin to caramelize.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, egg yolk, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Once the crusts have cooled, spread the insides with the cream cheese mixture.
- Once the vegetables have cooled, spoon them on top of the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake the tarts for about 20 minutes, until the fillings have set, and the tops are just golden.
- Garnish with red chili flakes and fennel fronds.