Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Cottage Cheese
Serves | 12
These muffins are great paired with chili or soup, or enjoyed on their own. You’ll want to devour these straight from the oven, but let them cool for 10 minutes and enjoy warm – if you’re able.
- 1 ½ cups fine yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup Nancy’s Whole Milk Cottage Cheese (you may substitute Lowfat if you prefer)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup minced chives
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a second large bowl whisk together cottage cheese, buttermilk, butter, eggs, and sugar. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, then fold in corn and chives.
Divide batter between muffin cups and bake until a skewer inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and serve warm.