Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt
Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- ¼ C. Tahini
- ¼ C. Nancy’s Organic 100% Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, as needed
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed (optional)
- Za’atar, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 3 C. Diced (1/2 inch) Butternut Squash
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 C. Cooked Brown Rice, cooled
- ¼ C. Golden Raisins or Cranberries (optional)
- ½ C. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ¼ C. Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
- Tahini Yogurt Sauce (see above)
- 12 Heirloom Carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 8 Collard Leaves, stems and ribs removed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer the to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the squash until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Lift by the parchment paper and cool on a rack for about 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, parsley, and walnuts. Once cooled, add the roasted squash.
- Add the tahini to a blender along with the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Blend until smooth. Season with more lemon, za’atar and sea salt to taste.
- Stir the sauce into the rice mixture or reserve for dipping.
- If the collards are tough, make them more pliable by steaming them briefly.
- Place one collard leaf on a clean surface, with the bottom end toward you.
- Spoon ¼ C. of the filling onto the bottom half of the collard leaf and add matchstick carrots. Roll the bottom over the filling and folding the sides inward, roll the leaf and filling away from you. Secure the wrap with a toothpick until served.