Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 2 cups Raw Spanish peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Safflower or Grapeseed Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cane Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- ¾ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Crispy Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Safflower or Grapeseed Oil
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Basil
- Dried Rose Petals, for garnish
- Lime Wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the Thai peanuts, combine 1 Tbsp. oil, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the raw Spanish peanuts and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tossed peanuts to the baking sheet.
- Roast the nuts on the center rack of the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, flipping mid-way through. Once the peanuts begin to darken in color, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Line a plate with a paper towel.
- To make the crispy basil leaves, heat 1 C. oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, drop in a few basil leaves at a time, with space in between. After about 15 seconds, use tongs to flip the basil and cook the other side. Place the cooked leaves on the paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Repeat with the remaining basil leaves.
- To assemble the yogurt cups, spoon 6 oz. of yogurt into each of two serving dishes and top with Thai peanuts. Reserve the remaining peanuts for later use.
- Garnish with crispy basil and dried rose petals. Serve with a wedge of lime.