Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 ¼ cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Cane Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 4 cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Organic Butter, softened
- 3 ½ cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 3 8-inch round cake pans with oil before lining them with parchment paper, cut to fit the bottom and sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar and eggs. Beat the mixture until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, mixing well between additions.
- Add the carrots, raisins and walnuts to the batter. Stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans in equal amounts.
- Place all three pans into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before turning them out of the pans. Carefully peel the parchment away from the surfaces and allow the cakes to cool completely at room temperature.
- Wrap the cooled cakes in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Leaving the sides bare, spread the frosting (½ inch thick) onto each cake layer, working out from the center.
- Allow the individual frosted layers to chill for 30 minutes before stacking.