Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- 2 C. Cane Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 C. All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Ground Cloves
- 4 C. Shredded Carrots
- 1 C. Golden Raisins
- 1 C. Chopped Walnuts, plus more for topping
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ C. Organic Butter, softened
- 3 ½ C. Organic Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with oil or paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar and eggs. Beat the mixture until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, mixing well between additions.
- Add the carrots, raisins and walnuts to the batter. Stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the wells of the prepared muffin tin, almost to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before turning them out of the tin. Transfer them to a rack and cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Use a knife or a piping bag to top each muffin with frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts.