Blood Orange Cake
- 1 ½ C. All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 1 C. Cane Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Butter, softened
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ C. Nancy’s Lowfat Yogurt
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Fresh Blood Orange Zest
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Blood Orange Juice
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
Raspberry Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 ½ C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C. Fresh Raspberries, mashed, plus more (whole) for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and softened butter. Using a hand mixer, beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat to combine, less than 1 minute.
- Gently stir the yogurt, zests, juices and vanilla into the wet mixture.
- Stirring, slowly incorporate the dry mixture and wet mixtures until saturated.
- Spoon the batter into each prepared mini loaf pan until ¾ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and a knife comes out clean.
- Cool the loaves for 5 minutes before turning out of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the glaze and whisk until smooth. If a thinner glaze is desired, add 1-2 Tbsp. of milk.
- Once the loaves have cooled completely, spread each one with frosting and top with fresh raspberries.