Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Probiotic Plain Greek Yogurt
- 15 oz. Prepared Pie Dough, chilled and rolled to about 1/8 inch
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Nancy’s Organic Probiotic Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Organic All-purpose Flour
- Fresh Figs and Blackberries, for topping
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate, melted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the chilled, rolled pie dough into 4-inch rounds. Lightly push the rounds into 3 tart pans. Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of each crust to vent. Par bake the crust for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven just prior to browning.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yolks, vanilla, yogurt and sugar. Gradually whisk the flour into the mixture, carefully avoiding lumps. Pour the custard into the crusts and return to the oven. Bake the tarts for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow them to cool.
Cut the figs into quarters and dip them halfway into the melted chocolate. Rest the dipped figs on a sheet of parchment. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and allow the chocolate to set.
To serve, top the cooled tarts with blackberries and chocolate dipped figs.