Featured Product: Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Butter, softened
- 1 C. Sugar
- 4 oz. Nancy’s Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ Salt
- ½ Almond Extract
- ½ Vanilla
- 2 ½ All-Purpose Flour
- 8 oz. Cranberry Preserves
- In a mixing bowl, whip 1 C. softened butter and 4 oz. cream cheese together. Add the sugar and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk, salt, almond and vanilla extracts to the mixture and incorporate.
- Slowly stir in the flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and knead 3-5 times. Flatten slightly and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough to ½ inch thick. Turn the dough between rolls to avoid sticking.
- Cut the dough into 2-inch rounds and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until firm but not browned. Allow the cookies to cool completely on a baking rack.
- Sandwich the cookies with 1 tsp. cranberry preserves each.